If you have a Windows Shared Hosting or Linux Shared Hosting account with AccuWebHosting, you are not allowed to create SRV records on you own. Instead, you will need to open a support ticket by login to AccuWebHosting client area. While you submit the ticket, do not forget to specify following information.
- Name of service (sip, VoIp etc).
- Protocol (TCP or UDP).
- Name of your domain (example.com).
- Service port number.
- The hostname of the server that provides the service (for example, sip.example.com).
- Priority (optional) - Lower numbers mean higher priority in the range of 0-65535.
- TTL time-to-live (optional) - How long the caching nameservers should cache your SRV record before querying your DNS server for the new value again.
- Weight (optional) - This value will be used when more than one service is listed with the same priority. It ranges between 0-65535.
_service._protocol.name. TTL class SRV priority weight port target. // SRV Record Format _service._tcp.gs-example.com. 43200 IN SRV 0 7 8960 server.gs-example.com. // Sample SRV Record
When you do not specify values of Priority, TTL and Weight, default values will be considered as 0 for the priority and weight, and 14400 for the TTL value.