This article will help you to install SSL Certificate on Plesk control panel.
How to install SSL certificates in Plesk?
- This demo assumes you are already logged in to Plesk.
- Click on the SSL Certificates option.
- Click on Add SSL/TLS Certificate option.
- Give the new certificate a name.
- Make sure all of the information here is correct, then click Request.
- Now click the new certificate's name.
- Scroll down to the CSR section (CSR stands for Certificate Signing Request).
- Here are your new certificate request and private key, which you will need to copy and paste to an SSL vendor when purchasing a certificate.
- Once you've purchased the certificate, you will need to upload the file or paste it as text here.
How to add a self-signed certificate?
- Click the SSL Certificates option.
- Fill all the required details and click the Self-Signed button.
- Be aware that using a self-signed certificate will show a warning message to your visitors that the certificate may not be trusted or valid.
- We now have to configure our domain to use this certificate. Click Hosting Settings.
- Locate the Security section, ensure SSL support is turned on, and select your new certificate in the drop down.
- Then click OK.
- That's it! The domain has been configured to use our new self-signed certificate.