This article will guide you to redirect the URL using HTTP Redirect functionality in IIS.
- Open IIS Manager from Start >> Administrative Tools >> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the server name in the connection pane, then expand the Sites and navigate to the domain. Double-click on Http Redirect option.
- Mark the check box Redirect requests to this destination and mention the URL to which you want to redirect your site.
After that you will be provided with the below mentioned options for Redirect Behavior:
- Redirect all requests to exact destination (instead of relative to destination): When this option is checked, regardless of the original destination, all requests will be redirected to exact location specified in the box. If this option is unchecked everything will be redirected relative to the destination.
- Only redirect requests to content in this directory (not subdirectories): When you set redirection, by default content would be served by main directory and all its subdirectories. When you check this option, you can limit requests to just main directory without affecting the subdirectories.
- Status code: With this drop down you can select the status code (301, 302 and 307) you want to send back while redirecting.
- 301 Permanent ==> IIS 7 will return HTTP response status as HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
- 302 Found ==> IIS 7 will return HTTP response status as HTTP/1.1 302 Redirect
- 307 Temporary ==> IIS 7 will return HTTP response status as HTTP/1.1 307 Redirect
- After selecting the appropriate options, click on Apply.