How do I setup my website?
Step-1: Register Domain NameFollow this link: https://manage.accuwebhosting.com/
Step-2: Sign-up for web hosting account
- Visit Windows and Linux hosting plans at our homepage https://www.accuwebhosting.com/
- Select your desired plan.
- Click 'Order' button.
- Follow the steps of sign-up and complete the web hosting order.
- After sign-up, we will execute your order and you will get detailed account setup instructions at your email address. It is necessary to enter valid and working email address to pass this step without any hassle.
Step-3: Point your domain name to web hosting accountYou will need to process DNS changes for your domain. Change your domain's nameservers as given in the welcome email. You are required to login to your domain registration account to complete this step. Your domain will not point to AccuWebHosting.Com servers unless, you update the nameservers of your domain.
If you have registered your domain name with AccuWebHosting.Com, you will not require to change the nameservers. We will complete this task when we register the domain name for you.
If your domain is not active after 48 hours of registration and web hosting order (both) with AccuWebHosting.Com, please contact support executive at email@example.com.
Step-4: Design your web pagesA very basic step you need to implement is, designing of web pages in any web page designing software for e.g. Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Publisher Macromedia Dreamweaver or other or even with Notepad application.
Web pages are basically HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) pages. It can be a combination of HTML tag and web scripting code also. Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator (or other browser) displays the output of Web pages.
Step-5: Publish or Upload of web pagesThe next step is publishing or uploading of your Web pages to web server. Our computer called web server constantly connected to the Internet so one can easily surf your website. You need an FTP software to complete this task.
Popular FTP software are Cute_FTP, WS_FTP, Smart_FTP, etc. Comparatively if you have designed your web pages in designing software like Visual Studio, then you can publish your pages through it or even Internet Explorer can help you to complete this task.
- Upload with FTP software.
- Publish with Web Deploy any method.
Step-6: Directory Structure (Folder Structure)This is a folder structure you will see at the time of FTP:
Windows Directory Structure
- Log (this folder is managed by web server itself, it keeps your website log information for e.g. site visitors, FTP activity, etc.). Do not delete this folder, unless you may loss your web statistics.
- wwwroot (called 'root' folder. To able to display your website properly over Internet, always upload your web pages and images into this folder.)
- db (this folder is useful to manage database file and particularly Microsoft Access database file. Always upload your database file into this folder)
- wwwroot/cgi-bin (it is recommended to keep your Perl and CGI script files into this folder)
Linux Directory Structure
- etc (store other information related to your website)
- mail (store WebMail)
- public_ftp (for anonymous FTP access)
- public_html (called 'root' folder. To able to display your website properly over Internet, please upload your web pages and images into this folder.)
- www link (link to public_html folder)
Step-7: Default pageA default document tells the web server how to react when it receives a request for your website that, does not specify a specific page. For example, when a web server receives a request for http://yourdomain.com, how could it react? Simple, it will open default page of your website.
What will be the name of my default document (page)?- index.htm, index.html, index.asp, index.aspx, default.htm, default.html, default.asp, default.aspx.
You are requested to set your default page name from any of above displayed name (particularly index.htm, index.html)
You can set the web server to automatically display a default document. In case of Windows 2003 hosting, current version of HELM control panel does not include setting of default page yourself. In case of Linux, cPanel includes access to .htaccess file within your website.
DO NOT UPLOAD MORE THAN ONE DEFAULT DOCUMENT (for e.g. index.htm, default.htm) into root folder.
Step-8: Viewing your website after upload
1. Before DNS (nameserver) changes:You will be provided with temporary URL to view your website. Please refer welcome email's temporary URL column.
2. After DNS (nameserver) changes:Easy to view: Just type http://www.your-domain-name.extension for e.g. http://www.mydomain.com
- If you have not purchased your domain name or if your domain is not pointing to ACCU's server:
- Always use IP address while uploading your website through FTP.
- Always use temporary URL to publish the web through FrontPage.
- Always use temporary URL to view your website.
- You will see 'Directory Listing Denied' or 'This site is hosted by AccuWebHosting.Com' (Windows) or 'Index for your site' (Linux) message on the screen, if you have not uploaded default page into their respective folder.
- Always upload your default page into root folder.
- Request us if you want to change your default page.
- FrontPage users: After login to your account through FrontPage, you will directly land into wwwroot (Windows) or public_html (Linux) folder so you will not see any wwwroot or public_html folder because your will be in the folder itself.
Was this answer helpful?
This demonstration shows how to deploy Web Application project of Visual Studio 2010 having SQL...
This is a small demonstration on how to deploy Web Application Project of Visual Studio 2010 on...
In order to run JAVA servlet or JSP pages, it is required to have a servlet container like Apache...
AccuWebHosting client area will not show any website statistics of any of your hosting services....
You can install the below mentioned scripts from the Fantastico: Note: We are using the latest...