Yes, the free SSL certificate will automatically be renewed by the system for almost all websites hosted on the server.
Sometimes the system fails to renew the free SSL certificate. Then there is a need to renew the SSL certificate manually.
The system fails to renew free SSL certificates due to the following reasons.
- The domain is not pointing to the same server.
- The website is not working and is forcefully redirecting to another URL.
- The website is not working with the default http or https port(80,443)
- The system can't verify the required text records to validate the SSL certificate using the DNS record.
- The system can't be able to make the required files/folder in the hosting space to validate the SSL certificate.