Here, we will guide you on how to edit WordPress installation from Softaculous. In order to edit it, you need to perform the following steps.
- Go to the link section and select the website of which WordPress Installation you want to edit. Here, we have selected demovpstest.com as an example.
- After then go to the Options section and click the pencil icon to edit the installation.
- Once you click on it, you will be redirected to a new page where you can edit the installation.
In the installation details section, you can update details of the Directory path, URL of the website, database user, and password.
- Edit the details which you want to update.
Upgrade Active Plugin(s)/Theme(s)
If you wish to upgrade the plugin or theme of your installation, you can do so from the Edit Installation Details section.
- Click on the Upgrade Plugin(s) Now button to upgrade the plugins.
- For Theme, click on the Upgrade Theme Now button to upgrade the theme.
- By clicking on it, all the outdated active plugins and themes for the installation will be upgraded to their latest version.
Custom CRON Time for Auto Backup
You can set a custom CRON time while setting the auto backup for the installation.
- Go to the Automated backups option. Select the option Custom from the drop-down list.
- Once you select it, a new field will be displayed with the name Automated Backups Cron Time. Fill all the boxes as per your requirement.
Select a Backup Location
Choose the backup location where you want to store the backup of the WordPress file.
- Select the backup location from the option given in the drop-down list.
Reset Admin Password
You can reset the password of the admin user for the installation.
- In the Admin username field, enter the username of which you want to change the password. Leave blank if you don't want to reset it.
- In the Admin Password, enter the new password which you want for the admin user which you have mentioned in the Admin username field. Leave blank if you don't want to reset it.
- If you think you have updated all the details then click on the Save Installation Details button to update all the details.
- By clicking on it, all the details will be updated and you will get a confirmation message on the screen that the installation details were edited successfully.