Please refer to the Accuwebhosting_tech >> Connection article to connect your Forex VPS from your local system.
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) can be described as a protocol that permits users to access their Forex VPS instantly and directly from any remote location.
In this article, we'll guide you on how you can connect Forex VPS via an RDP on different operating systems.
You can use Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to your Forex VPS from Windows OS by following these steps -
1. Click Start → All Programs → Accessories → Remote Desktop Connection.
2. PC name: It is your server's IP Address.
[In case RDP is configured on a non-standard port, like any other port except 3389, you'll need to mention your VPS-IP-Address: Port Number, e.g., 173.xxx.xxx.xxx:1245]
3. Now, you will see the new window.
Enter your Username & Password, and press the Enter key.
You can use Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to your Forex VPS from Mac OS by following these steps -
1. First, open the App Store and then download Microsoft Remote Desktop.
2. After installing Microsoft Remote Desktop on your Mac system, open the Program.
3. A new Remote Desktop Connection will begin after clicking on the New button icon.
4. Enter your PC name, username, and password.
We provide the dedicated IP address with the server, so any specific IP Address is assigned to your server only.
[If RDP is configured on a non-standard port, like, any other port except 3389, then you will need to mention your VPS-IP-Address: Port Number, e.g., 173.xxx.xxx.xxx:1245]
5. After entering your username and password, press the Close (red X) button (top left of the screen) to save the connection.
You will find that your connection is listed.
6. Click the Start button and connect to your remote server.
7. Click the Continue button.
In case there is a certificate warning, then it is not an issue.
8. Your remote server screen will be visible now.
You can use Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to your Forex VPS from Linux OS by following these steps -
1. Open-source client rdesktop is apt for Linux if you want to connect to your Forex VPS from a given Linux distribution.
2. Follow this URL - http://www.rdesktop.org/, and download the rdesktop client.
3. After installing the rdesktop in your Linux system, you must execute the following command in Terminal -
- rdesktop VPS_IP_Address
(If RDP service is configured on default port)
- rdesktop VPS_IP_Address: port number
(if RDP service is configured on the non-standard port)
You will receive a Windows login prompt.
4. Enter your VPS username (admin) and password, and click on the blue right arrow button to complete the action.
You are now connected to the Forex VPS!
If you are a Windows Shared Hosting user, you can't connect to the hosting server.