Codeignetor is a PHP framework used to build a web application that is used widely by the developers over the world. Before you install Codeignetor make sure the following requirements are already installed.
- Webserver apache or nginx
- PHP 5.6
Once you confirm the above component on your server. Proceed to install Codeignetor with the following steps.
- Set SELinx Status to disable.
- Let us create MySQL Database for codeignetor.
# create database mycode_db;
grant all privileges on mycodeusr.* to [email protected]'localhost' identified by 'your_password';
- Now, we will install Composer Package Manager.
# curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php # mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer
# chmod +x /usr/local/bin/composer
- We will install Codeigniter. Go to the root directory html.
# cd /var/www/html/
- Clone CodeIgniter from its git repository.
# git clone https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter.git
- We will install required dependencies running composer.
# composer install
- Provide file ownership of files to apache user.
# chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/
- We will configure the base url by editing config.php file.
# vi /var/www/html/application/config/config.php
- locate the below line.
$config['base_url'] = '';
- Modify this line by adding your application url in the quotes.
$config['base_url'] = 'http://188.8.131.52';
- To configure Codeignetor Database connection setting, edit the following file with your favorite text editor:
# vi /var/www/html/application/config/database.php
- Locate below path.
Change it to:
$db['default'] = array( 'dsn' => '', 'hostname' => 'localhost', 'username' => '', 'password' => '', 'database' => '', 'dbdriver' => 'mysqli',
$db['default'] = array( 'dsn' => '', 'hostname' => 'localhost', 'username' => 'mycode_db', 'password' => 'your-db-user-password', 'database' => 'mycodeusr', 'dbdriver' => 'mysqli',
- Once you are done with the changes, save this file. Access the url which you have added earlier in base_url and verify that codeignator is working.