Tomcat is an open-source web server that is built in Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies. Following are the steps to install Tomcat 7 on Centos.
- Install Tomcat with its dependencies using the Yum command.
# sudo yum install tomcat
- Now, Install the several additional packages with the below command.
# sudo yum install tomcat-webapps tomcat-admin-webapps tomcat-docs-webapp tomcat-javadoc
It will install the below packages.
- Tomcat root webpage (tomcat-webapps)
- Tomcat Web Admin Manager (tomcat-admin-webapps)
- Official online Tomcat documentation (tomcat-docs-webapp and tomcat-javadoc)
- If your server is running with apache, you will need to stop it.
# sudo systemctl stop httpd
- Start Tomcat with below command.
# sudo systemctl start tomcat
- At last, start Tomcat automatically if server is rebooted.
# sudo systemctl enable tomcat
- Access your server ip address with the port 8080 in the browser and you will find the result as per the below image.
This is it. We are done with Tomcat Installation on Centos.