Tomcat is an open-source web server built in Java Servlet and Java Server Pages technologies.
You can install Tomcat 7 on CentOS by following these steps –
1. Install Tomcat with its dependencies using the Yum command -
# sudo yum install tomcat
2. Now, install additional packages with this command –
# sudo yum install tomcat-webapps tomcat-admin-webapps tomcat-docs-webapp tomcat-javadoc
This command will install the packages given below –
- Tomcat root webpage (tomcat-webapps)
- Tomcat Web Admin Manager (tomcat-admin-webapps)
- Official online Tomcat documentation (tomcat-docs-webapp and tomcat-javadoc)
3. If your server is running with Apache, you will need to stop it.
# sudo systemctl stop httpd
4. Start Tomcat with the command below –
# sudo systemctl start tomcat
5. Finally, start Tomcat if the server is rebooted.
# sudo systemctl enable tomcat
6. Access your server IP Address with port 8080 in the browser, and you will get the result as you see in the image below -
This is it.
We have successfully installed Tomcat 7 on CentOS.