Nowadays, most websites load with HTTPS because of the SSL installation. However, a few sites load with HTTPS but without Green Padlock in the address bar. This is mainly due to mixed content on your WordPress website. You can right-click on the website and click on the view page source button to check all the links with HTTP, or you can inspect the website and click on the console button to check HTTP links on that page. The following image shows the mixed content warning on a website.
You need to ensure that URLs containing images, scripts, videos, or other links have the HTTPS. When your website’s other content loads with an HTTPS secure connection and few links load with HTTP, in this case, a Mixed Content warning occurs. Though a few browsers display warnings about insecure resources on the website. WordPress provides a plugin that helps us to fix this issue.
Here, we will install a plugin named SSL Insecure Content Fixer.
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click on the Plugin button and Add New plugin.
3. In the Keyword Search Bar, type SSL Insecure Content Fixer.
WordPress will automatically search that plugin and load it as per the image shown below -:
4. Click on Install Now button.
5. Once you have completed the installation, it will show the Activate button.
Click on Activate button as well.
6. Click on Plugin Settings for SSL Insecure Content Fixer.
7. Once you click the Setting button, it will load all settings for the SSL Insecure Content Fixer plugin.
8. Please select the required option for your website and click on the Save changes button to save it.
Following the steps mentioned above should fix the Mixed Content issue in WordPress.
Additionally, you can refresh your WordPress website and check again from the Browser Inspect option.