You can generate a backup of the scripts which are installed using Softaculous. If you have installed it manually, you cannot take a backup using Softaculous. You can take the backup of your installation from Softaculous. You can do this before making any changes to your existing configurations. Following are the steps to generate backup in Softaculous.
- Login to your Webhosting Panel. cPanel or Plesk etc.
- Go to Softaculous >> click on Installations. It will open your script installer.
- Click on Backup Icon which backup you need to take. Here, we have a Wordpress Installer.
- Add a Backup note and set Backup Location. Here, we have selected Default Backup Location.
- Click on Backup Installation.
- It will give below screen after completion of backup generation.