Sometimes you may require to add the IP Address manually in ubuntu network Interface. Following are the steps to perform in order to add the IP Address manually in Ubuntu.
- Login to Ubuntu server via ssh.
- Hit the Following Command.
# nano /etc/network/interfaces
- Enter the interface alias eth0:0 as mentioned in below screen-shot. (Note: If you already have interface alias eth0:0, you can add eth0:1 or eth0:2 for additional IP Address)
#secondary ip address
iface eth0:0 inet static
- Below Command will up the added interface alias within the network.
# ifconfig eth0:0 1*3.2*8.149.*** up
- Restart the network service.
# /etc/init.d/networking restart
- check the newly added IP Address with the below command.
That's it. You are done with adding IP Address on Ubuntu server.