Inode is a data structure that stores the information about all files created on your hosting account. The number of inodes indicates the number of files, folders, email or anything you store on your web hosting account. Each file on your web hosting account is identified by an inode number in the file system. Inodes store important data about files such as user, group ownership, access mode, and file type.
Check directly from cPanel.
- Login directly from cPanel account.
- Inside Statistics >> File usage. You can get the Inode Value from File Usage Option.
Check from SSH Login.
- Login to the server using ssh command.
- Ensure that you are at the home directory with the following command.
- Following is the command to check the total Inodes on your server.
find . | wc -l
- Hit the following command if you are looking to view the inode values directory wise.
find . -printf "%h\n" | cut -d/ -f-2 | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn