vs Shell installation has failed with exit code 1638
This error occurs because Visual Studio 2017 already installed before the SQL Server installation.
- Go to Control Panel >> Programme >> Programme and Features.
- Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) and (x64) as per the below screen capture.
- Try to install the SQL Server again.
- You must select the Database Engine Services while installation of SQL Server without fail. Installation should be completed without any issue.
- Now, Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86) and (x64).