This article will help how to add domain manually in Smartermail 16
If you haven’t obtained the control panel along with your Windows VPS, you will need to add domain and create email accounts from your SmarterMail interface directly. The following article is applicable to Windows VPS customers only. Windows Shared Hosting customers do not need to add mail domain manually.
- Login into SmarterMail 16 dashboard with the domain administrator user.
- Once you are logged into SmarterMail web interface, you'll see the SmarterMail 16 dashboard screen as below. Click on the New button as shown below. This will open a new prompt.
- Fill up the following details in add domain prompt.
Name - This is your fully qualified domain name (FQDN) e.g. example.com.
Hostname - Optional [It will be added automatically]
Folder - Optional [It will be added automatically]
Domain Administrator Username - The Domain Administrator user has more privileges than other users. This user has access to domain reports regarding space usage.
Domain Administrator Password - The password for the Domain Administrator.
- Click on the Save button.
- After completing the above steps you will see domain manage settings. The default settings should work with no issues. Make sure Require SMTP Authentication is checked.
- You can set the limit for your domain like disk space, users, user aliases etc.
- All other settings are optional. You can set them up as per your requirement or leave the default settings as they are. Click on Save to apply the changes in SmarterMail.