This article will guide you how to reset an email account password from the SmarterMail 16 by login as a domain administrator.
If you have a control panel (Solid CP or Plesk Panel) configured on your Windows VPS, we recommend you to reset the email account password from the control panel instead of the SmarterMail Interface directly. Please follow the below articles to reset the email account password from the control panel.
How to reset the email account password from the Solid CP
How to reset the email account password from the Plesk Panel
If you don’t have the control panel and you are managing the SmarterMail directly from SmarterMail web-dashboard (https://vps_IP:9998/) then perform the below steps to reset the email account password for your domain name.
- Login into SmarterMail 16 dashboard with the domain administrator user.
- Once you login to the SmarterMail, you will get the following window. Click on the domain name of which you want to reset the email account password. In this article, we have used accu17.com as a domain name.
- Next, you have to click on the Manage button.
- By clicking on the Manage button, you will get the following window. In this window, you have to click on Impersonate button. This will open a window.
- In this windows, you can see all the email accounts which you have created.
- Click on the email account of which you want to reset the password. In this article, we have selected a test email account to reset the password.
- Once you click on the email account, you will get the following windows. Click on the three-dot-button -> Change Password.
- You will get a new window. In that, you have to enter the password which you want to set and click on the Save button. If you want to abort the reset process, you can click on the Cancel button.
- Once you click on the Save button, you will get a successful message at the bottom of the left screen. That means your password is successfully reset.