R1soft CDP backup allows for full server backup and you can use it to perform the bare metal restoration.
If you have upgraded Kernal version on your server then you might face the following error while running the backup.
|An exception occurred during the request. The replication driver was not detected (detail: An error occurred while loading the hcpdriver module, please check your system logs; Please run “r1soft-setup –get-module ” on your Agent to install one.|
Run the following command to load the hcp driver.
lsmod | grep hcp
If it returns with no value, this means hcp driver is not installed on your machine so proceed with the below steps.
- You will need to verify the kernel version.
- Now, Verify Kernel-devel & Kernel-headers packages. It should match with installed Kernel version.
rpm -qa | grep kernel
- Install the matching version, if it is not installed. Run the following command for this.
r1soft-setup --get-module --no-binary
- Restart the CDP agent once.
- Run the following command to load the hcp driver again.
lsmod | grep hcpdriver
You will see the value in return. Backup should be run fine using R1Soft now.