Following are the steps to change the root password of VPS from VPS Management Portal.
- Login to your Linux VPS Management URL with https://sv01-master2.accuwebhosting.com:5656. You can find the username and password for your Linux VPS under My Services in the client area.
- You will find the VPS control panel with lots of options.
- Click the Root/Admin Password option under Controls option.
- You will find a dialogue box with New Root Password. You will need to enter your new root password for the VPS and click on Change.
- Once you enter the new root password, it will ask for the reboot. It is essential to reboot a VPS from VPS management panel. The new password will not take effect without the reboot.
- Click on the reboot button to reboot the VPS.
Now, you can Login to the VPS with the new root password.