NOTE: Following instructions are only applicable to VPS and Dedicated server users. Furthermore, you will need root access to modify my.conf file.
- Login to your Linux machine via SSH.
- Edit my.cnf file using your choice of editor like vi, nano, vim or pico.
- Locate the setting similar to below.
[mysqld] local-infile=0 datadir=/var/lib/mysql user=mysql symbolic-links=0 max_user_connections = 20
- Change the value of max_user_connections to your required level. For example, we want to set maximum connection value to 50.
max_user_connections = 50
- Save the changes and close the editor.