Open Port in CSF Firewall through SSH
CSF firewall is too easy to configure in both ways (through WHM and SSH).
- Login to your Linux machine through SSH. Open csf.conf file using any text editor.
- Add the port you wish to open and restart CSF firewall for the changes to take into effect.
# Allow incoming TCP ports
TCP_IN = "20,443,465,21,22,587,993,25,53,80,110,143,995"
# Allow outgoing TCP ports
TCP_OUT = "20,21,443,587,22,25,80,110,43,53"
csf -r // To restart CSF firewall
Open Port in CSF Firewall through WHM
- Login to WHM.
- Type firewall in Find bar and click on ConfigServer Security&Firewall link.
- At this page, click on the Firewall Configuration button.
- Scroll down and locate Allow incoming TCP ports section. Enter the port you wish to open and click on the Change button at the bottom to save your changes. Then after, you will need to restart csf by clicking on Restart csf+lfd button.
→ Want to change the default SSH Port? Please refer to the change SSH port for more details.