- Login to your Windows VPS through Remote Desktop.
- Go to Start >> Administrative Tools >> Services.
- At Services Window, locate and select MySQL service.
- If MySQL service is running, at right hand side you will get following 3 options.
- Stop the service // This option will stop the selected service.
- Pause the service // This option will pause the selected service.
- Restart the service // This option will restart the selected service.
- To Stop, Pause or Restart the service, click on the respective option.
- If MySQL service is stopped, you will get only option of Start the service as shown in the following image.
- By following above steps, you can also stop/start other Windows service.
In Linux VPS, you can stop/start MySQL service either through SSH or WHM control panel.
Stop/start MySQL service through SSH/Terminal
Connect to your VPS through SSH with root user and type following commands.
Stop MySQL service mysql stop OR /etc/init.d/mysql stop Start MySQL service mysql start OR /etc/init.d/mysql start Restart MySQL service mysql restart OR /etc/init.d/mysql restart Check MySQL server statusIf you want to stop/start other Linux VPS services, you can use above commands by placing service name. Following are some of the most common Linux VPS services.
service mysql status
exim // Mail Server
httpd // Apache Web Server
named // DNS Server
sshd // SSH Service
ftpd // FTP Server
Start/Stop MySQL service through WHM
- Login to WHM (https://your-IP-address:2087).
- Under the Service Configuration section, select Service Manager.
- Uncheck the check boxes under mysql and click on Save button. This will stop MySQL service.
- To start MySQL service, you just need to check checkboxes under mysql and Save button.
- By following above steps, you can also stop/start other listed services.