In shared hosting
environment, there are number of accounts hosted on a single server, sharing the main node’s resources as per the allocation. On the other hand, VPS hosting
is like your own server in which the resources are allocated virtually. Based on the business requirement one can choose the desired hosting type. Following differences will help you to select best suitable hosting type for your requirement.
||In shared hosting, your account will share main node’s resources with other users.
||In VPS hosting, you will have your own virtual resources allocated to your machine.
||Since an account is hosted on shared server, virtualization technology does not come in picture.
||There are many virtualization technology available to create VPS viz. Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, KVM, Xen, Virtuozzo, etc.
||Expensive compared to Shared Hosting
||All our shared hosting account backups are processed on a daily basis. We retain multiple recovery points and offer restoration from most recent to historical backups. This service will allow you unlimited restores at any time during the service period.
||By default, AccuWeb Hosting offers a complimentary backup which is weekly and can be restored upon client's request. Apart from this, client can purchase paid backups. Paid backups are on daily basis and file level restoration is possible.
|Upgrades / Downgrades
||Instant and does not involve any downtime.
||Upgrade/downgrade requires reboot of a server.
- Personal, small businesses having low traffic websites that won’t need more resources.
- For non-technical persons shared environment is more suitable as they will not need to perform any server maintenance.
- Easy to manage and do not require more technical skills.
- High traffic database driven websites expecting a significant traffic increase.
- Dynamic sites with lots of images, database or scripts.
- To run your own game server, trading applications, online applications, SEO applications, etc.
||It is a shared environment hence you will not need to perform any kind of maintenance on server.
||As this will be your own server security updates, patches, etc. should be installed at regular intervals from your end. In case of managed VPS, we can take care of this at your preferable time.