Following article will assist you to open ports in Firewall on Windows VPS with Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system.
- Go to Start >> Administrative Tools >> Windows Firewall With Advanced Security.
- At Windows Firewall With Advanced Security, click on Inbound Rules.
- Click on New Rule at right hand side panel.
- At New Inbound Rule Wizard, Select Port radio button and click Next.
- Select TCP/UDP & specify port you wish to open in Specific Local Ports box OR check All local ports & click Next.
- Select Allow the connection & click Next.
- Select the area where you want to apply this rule and click Next.
- Provide Name & Description for the newly created rule & click Finish.
- New rule will reflect in Windows Firewall With Advanced Security.