You might hear us talk too much about double opt-in list in trouble tickets. You may not understand the importance of double opt-in if you are new to marketing world. Double Opt-In Email or Confirmed Opt-In is a two-step verification process that allows a user to join your mailing list.
Let’s see how it works:
- Firstly, someone will sign up for your email list.
- You will send a confirmation email with URL on email address customer used to signed up.
- Customer will have to click on sent URL before they’re added to your list. If they don’t click the URL, they don’t get added to the list.
- When users confirm that they want on your list, you should store their IP address, and confirmation date and time in your records.
- Your response rate will be higher(up to 20% ) since only interested people will be in your list.
- You can verify that provided email address is valid.
- You will have fewer spam complaints because only users who are trully interested in your offers will be in list.
- You won't be victim of your competitors. They won’t be able to sign up for your newsletter and false report for spamming. Because you’ll have their IP address, confirmation date and time in your records as a proof that they double opted in.
Note: It is recommended to verify email list before starting an email campaign.