What is XCache and use of it:
- XCache accelerates the performance of PHP on servers. It speed up the page loading.
- XCache optimizes performance by eliminating the compilation time of php scripts by caching the compiled state of php scripts in to the RAM and uses the compiled version straight from the RAM.
- This will increase the rate of page generation time upto 5 times as it also optimizes many other aspects of php scripts and reduce server load.
How to enable XCACHE via SSH:
- Download the XCACHE
- For linux VPS, you can login to your server via SSH and execute following commands for XCACHE installation:
- # wget xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.1.0/xcache-3.1.0.tar.gz [this line will download the XCACHE]
- # tar -zxvf xcache-3.1.0.tar.gz [this line will extract the file]
- # cd xcache-3.1.0
- # phpize
- # ./configure –enable-xcache
- # make
- # make install
How to enable XCACHE from WHM/cPanel:
- Login to your WHM
- Go to EasyApache from left hand pane options
- Keep Previously Saved Config option selected and click on Start customizing based on profile
- Do not need to change anything in Apache and PHP. Simply click on Next button to goto next steps
- From Short Option List, you will have an option xcache for php. Select this option and click on Save and Build
- It will take few minutes to complete the Build process. Once done restart Apache from WHM
- You can modify the values set for Xcache from php.ini file
Following are the recommended settings for Xcache, however, you can modify them as per your requirements: