While we try to open phpMyAdmin, it throws this error which is depicted in the following image:
Kindly follow the below mentioned steps, in order to proceed further:
- In order to resolve the error, we will need to make some necessary corrections in file ‘php.ini’ located at below mentioned path in the VPS:
C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.2 (Note: You will need to search the PHP installation path according to the PHP version installed in your VPS.)
- First of all, take a backup of this file in case if anything goes wrong you can revert it. After that, open the ‘php.ini’ file using text editor application, search for extension=php_mcrypt.dll in this file, as shown in the following image:
- Remove the semicolon (;) from the beginning of the extension to uncomment it and save this change.
- If this line is not present in the file then you can add it under extensions list and save the change.
- Clear the cache of your browser and have a try now to access phpMyAdmin from your end. This time it will not show error and will open in usual manner.