This article will guide you on how to reinstall renewed SSL certificate in your Windows VPS
- First of all you need to generate CSR key from IIS7. Please refer to our Knowledgebase article:
- Your SSL certificate must be in “.cer” file. You can save the certificate with following naming convention:
- Now, open IIS Manager from your Windows VPS – Click : Start → Administrative Tools → Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Click on your VPS Server Name. i.e. SE/HVXXACCUXXXX. (XX refers to numeric value).
- Now, double click on “Server Certificates” under IIS option as shown in below image.
- Click on “Complete Certificate Request” on right hand side “Action” Menu as shown in below image.
- Now, select the path where the SSL certificate resides on your VPS and enter friendly name, this must be different than which you had used while initially installing SSL certificate. You can use name like “ssl_2013-14 “, “ssl_2014-15” and so on.
- Now, click on OK to install SSL certificate on your server. Once the installation is completed, you can assign this certificate to your website.
- Go to IIS → Server Name i.e. SE/HVXXACCUXXXX. (XX refers to numeric value) → Sites.
- Click on the website for which you are renewing SSL certificate.
- As you are renewing the SSL certificate, you might already have added SSL bindings when you had installed SSL certificate on this website at first time.
- Now, you just need to Edit that binding, keep all settings as they are. You will need to select new SSL certificate from the dropdown menu as shown below:
- Click OK to complete the installation process.